Ryan Young Staff writer Wed, October 7, 2026 at 10:00 PM UTC · 2 min read About Our Ads Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Aaron Rodgers is trying to move past his heated exchange with head coach Mike McCarthy last week.
The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback got into it with McCarthy during their 27-24 loss to the Cleveland Browns last week , apparently after McCarthy didn't get the play call into Rodgers quick enough for his liking. The incident happened in the first quarter, and Rodgers looked livid.
"What the f***!" Rodgers was heard screaming at McCarthy. "Call it!"
That, Rodgers said on Wednesday, is sometimes the "normal" way that he communicates with McCarthy. The two, of course, spent more than a decade together in Green Bay and won a Super Bowl there.
"We've had a lot of success together," Rodgers said.
While McCarthy didn't think it was "normal," he wasn't worried about it on Monday.
"I think the reality of it is it's a 20-year relationship." McCarthy said, via ESPN . "I think the fact that we were able to sit and talk numerous times over the weekend about that and a number of things. ... I'm hopefully — not to put any pressure on my daughter -- I'm getting to the grandfather age. I don't want to be saying those types of words, but it's an emotional competitive environment.
"I think it's something that we can definitely learn from."
The moment between McCarthy and Rodgers was one of several heated moments between Steelers coaches and players throughout the contest. That's something that has been under a microscope in recent days, too, especially after McCarthy said that they need to "clean our own house" on Monday.
But moments like that, Rodgers insisted, aren't a bad thing. He likes it.
"I think it's a positive. Player-led teams are the best teams," he said. "I think anytime you're seeing the fire and the passion from all those guys, it's a good thing."
The Steelers, now 2-2, will host the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.
Source: Sport
0 Comments