Alexis Mac Allister’s prickly response when quizzed on Jeremy Doku’s tackle in Liverpool draw with Manchester City | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01

New Photo - Alexis Mac Allister's prickly response when quizzed on Jeremy Doku's tackle in Liverpool draw with Manchester City | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01
Alexis Mac Allister's prickly response when quizzed on Jeremy Doku's tackle in Liverpool draw with Manchester City | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01

Jeremy Doku caught Alexis Mac Allister within the chest in stoppage time at Anfield (Picture: Getty)

Alexis Mac Allister showed his frustration when asked about Jeremy Doku's challenge on the end of Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Manchester City, claiming it was a 'clear penalty' and the referee made a 'mistake'.

The Argentina midfielder cancelled out John Stones' opener with a 50th-minute penalty to arrange an attractive second half at Anfield, but the two Premier League title rivals could not be separated, making certain Arsenal held onto prime spot.

The sport's most controversial second arrived deep into stoppage time as second-half substitute Doku – shortly after hitting the submit – appeared to comply with via on Mac Allister's chest while Metropolis have been scrambling to defend their aim.

Nevertheless, referee Michael Oliver determined towards awarding the hosts their second spot-kick of the match and Doku's challenge went unpunished after a quick VAR verify, regardless of Jurgen Klopp's protestations on the touchline.

Speaking shortly after the final whistle, the Liverpool head coach blasted the decision, insisting it was the deal with was '100 per cent' a foul, and an irate Mac Allister adopted go well with as he spoke with the BBC's Match of the Day 2 programme.

Requested whether or not he thought a penalty should have been given, Mac Allister replied: 'Me? Just me? You assume it's simply me?

'I feel it's a transparent penalty. I can't say far more.

'I feel the ref did a very good job all through the sport, but I feel he made a mistake in the last determination.'

The Argentine writhed in ache after Doku's problem (Image: Getty)

Match of the Day pundit Shay Given, meanwhile, felt the officers arrived on the right choice considering Doku had made contact with the ball earlier than catching his opponent within the chest.

'This is the large moment on the finish of the sport the place Jurgen Klopp and Mac Allister assume it's a stonewall penalty… I truly don't and I know you two [Mark Chapman and Danny Murphy] are going to disagree with me,' the ex-Newcastle goalkeeper stated.

'I feel he gets the ball after which obviously his foot is high and he gets Mac Allister after that.

'Now I understand you guys will say, "If that's anyplace else on the pitch…", and what have you, however I feel Michael Oliver is in a very good place, he's 4 or 5 yards away and he's watching it. The ball just isn't head peak.'

Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher rate Arsenal's title chances after Liverpool draw with City

Jurgen Klopp's salary at Liverpool revealed ahead of Anfield exit

Erik ten Hag reveals he expects another Man Utd star to miss rest of the season

Read More Stories

In response to Given's assessment, former Liverpool midfielder Murphy joked, 'Are you positive that was water in your cup before the present?', to which the Irishman replied: 'That's my opinion.

'I know numerous Liverpool fans will probably be shouting on the TV now that I'm improper.

'However I feel he's received a toe on the ball and then clearly he's hit Mac Allister after.'

For more tales like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#alexis #mac #allisters #prickly #response #when #quizzed #jeremy #dokus #tackle #liverpool #draw #manchester #city #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/dwiy1Oh Source: MAG NEWS

 

HOT POINT © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com