Chelsea loanee Romelu Lukaku drops hint over his future after Roma thrash Brighton | V1U64NX | 2024-03-10 16:08:02
Romelu Lukaku is loving life at Roma, however stopped in need of saying he needed to go away Chelsea completely for the Italian club.
His comments came after Roma thrashed Brighton within the first-leg of their Europa League final 16 tie on Thursday night.
Objectives from Paulo Dybala, Lukaku, Gianluca Mancini and Bryan Cristante on the Stadio Olimpico appear to have all but ended the Seagulls' European journey.
The Belgium striker is on loan at Roma from Chelsea having did not secure a everlasting exit from Stamford Bridge final summer time, after strikes to Inter Milan and Juventus fell apart.
18 objectives and four assists in 35 appearances throughout all competitions up to now is an effective return, especially in what has been a loopy season for the Serie A aspect who sacked Jose Mourinho in January.
But Lukaku is having fun with all of it and is inspired by new supervisor Daniele De Rossi's fashion of play, telling Sky Sport Italia after the Brighton win: 'The coach provides me more freedom in midfield and to push up.
'I've to attack the area, whereas earlier than I was asked to carry the ball up. It is the first time I am getting used as the lone centre-forward in Italy, but I'm settling nicely and hope we will proceed enhancing to go far in Serie A and the Europa League.
'De Rossi talks about having new aims daily and provides your greatest to hit those targets. Every training session is a check and I like that, as a result of I feel great players do need to be stimulated.
'He stated we've got the target of moving into the highest four in Serie A and in addition progressing in Europe, so we will by no means let our foot off the fuel.
'It was a special experience, however as soon as I arrived, I saw how a lot the followers love this staff. I additionally referred to as Radja Nainggolan and he helped prepare me for a way I should behave.
'Mourinho helped me and now De Rossi is just too. I try to give my greatest for Roma, many individuals don't know what my state of affairs was, so I thank Roma.'
So will Lukaku be a part of Roma completely? The 30-year-old was asked that actual question but might solely give a coy answer, joking: 'I don't need to trigger controversy in England, I have to be clever about this!'
Lukaku returned to Chelsea in 2021 for a then membership report £97million but he struggled to re-adjust to life within the Premier League.
Simply months into his second spell with the Blues, he gave an interview with Sky Italia the place he stated he wished to return to Inter, sparking outrage amongst followers and effectively ending his future with the club – which is clearly the 'controversy' the striker was referring to.
Inter and Juventus have been priced out of signing Lukaku final summer time, however together with his contract up in 2026, Chelsea will certainly lower their price ticket which might permit Roma to snap him up.
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/jkVP68Z Source: MAG NEWS