Conor McGregor’s three-word response to Mike Tyson and Jake Paul’s upcoming fight | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01

New Photo - Conor McGregor's three-word response to Mike Tyson and Jake Paul's upcoming fight | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01
Conor McGregor's three-word response to Mike Tyson and Jake Paul's upcoming fight | 8894B19 | 2024-03-11 16:08:01

UFC star Conor McGregor has branded Mike Tyson's battle with Jake Paul 'strange' (Image: Getty)

Conor McGregor says he 'doesn't understand' the upcoming struggle between Mike Tyson and Jake Paul, claiming the match up is 'a bit strange'

In a shock announcement final week, it was confirmed that heavyweight legend Tyson, 57, and YouTuber Paul, 27, would do battle at Texas' 80,000-seater AT&T Stadium, residence of the Dallas Cowboys, on July 20.

Contemplating the 30-year age gap between the 2 fighters, there are apparent security considerations forward of the conflict and lots of boxing fans have expressed their fears for Tyson's health – with Iron Mike hanging up his gloves approach back in 2005.

Nevertheless, Tyson beforehand got here out of retirement to battle Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition match – billed as 'Lockdown Knockdown' – in November 2020 and the former undisputed world champion is decided to show his doubters fallacious once more.

Following Thursday's announcement, Paul's long-time rival KSI said the forthcoming bout was 'sad to see' and a battle that no one needs, whereas Tommy Fury urged his fellow fighters to leave 'legends of the sport' in the annals of history.

In the meantime, UFC celebrity McGregor has questioned the attraction of the struggle, however sent his greatest needs to Tyson ahead of the spectacle which might be streamed reside on Netflix.

'Oh jeez, it's a bit unusual, you realize,' McGregor advised The Illuminerdi YouTube channel.

'The curiosity is low… I don't know. I don't understand it. I wish properly for Mike [Tyson].'

Chatting with iFL TV, a saddened Eddie Hearn claimed it 'breaks his heart' to see 'one of the biggest fighters that ever lived' return to compete towards a YouTuber-turned-boxer.

'I assume in the event you criticise it you're a hater, aren't you? So I'm in all probability not the most effective individual to ask because I really like the sport of boxing,' the promoter stated.

'So I discover it incredibly sad, however it's an enormous event, you'll be able to't deny that.

'But is he 60 yet, Mike Tyson? 58? One thing like that? One of many biggest fighters that ever lived.

'But I'm considered one of a small per cent of absolute mad boxing lovers that it truly breaks my coronary heart to see that.

'But it is a huge event on a brand new platform, massive stadium, and there might be a lot of people watching it.

'Obviously a very highly effective platform, I'm positive it is going to be a huge occasion. Nice platform, to see them doing reside sport – like Amazon – it's implausible. The more platforms the better.'

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#conor #mcgregors #threeword #response #mike #tyson #jake #pauls #upcoming #fight #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/dwiy1Oh Source: MAG NEWS

 

HOT POINT © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com