Dad found dead after 'crippling fear' of hospitals put him off seeing doctor | 1X2A43S | 2024-03-12 11:08:01
A dad was found lifeless at house by his mum after pushing aside getting assist because of a 'crippling worry' of hospitals.
Paul Macintosh, 36, suffered two unexplained matches at house in Livingstone in the direction of the top of last month. He died on March 1.
His mum Suzanne, 55, described discovering him writhing on the floor together with his head banging towards a chest of drawers after the primary episode. She phoned 999 for an ambulance and paramedics advised her son to get himself checked over on the hospital.
However she stated: 'Paul was afraid of hospitals and had a crippling worry of them after his granddad went into one and never got here again out, so he simply didn't need to go.'
He suffered another match a number of days later.
Suzanne stated paramedics once more urged him to speak to a physician, adding: 'I advised him that he actually wanted to go in, however he just wouldn't pay attention. Now I wish I'd pressured him to go.
'He appeared superb on the night time he died and the final time I saw him, at round 8pm, he was asking if I needed a espresso. However once I walked into his room at 7.40am to wake him up, and he was mendacity on the ground lifeless.
'It's arduous to consider that simply final week, I used to be moaning at him for raiding my fridge all the time, but now he's gone I do anything to have him again right here with me, winding me up.'
Suzanne, who can also be gran to Paul's 17-year-old son, Declan, is now pleading with other young men who are postpone visiting docs and hospitals to get assist before it's too late.
She stated: 'It's just devastating and I can't comprehend what has occurred.
'I might urge any younger man like Paul to be sure to they get medical help when it's needed.
'If Paul had gone to hospital final week, he may nonetheless be here now.'
Suzanne is now ready for a autopsy and hopes it can give the household some much-needed solutions as to what happened. A fundraiser has also been set to assist with funeral costs.
Get in touch with our information staff by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.
For more tales like this, check our news page.
More >> https://ift.tt/gnkcot1 Source: MAG NEWS