Francis Ngannou predicts who would win in a fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury | V1U64NX | 2024-03-10 16:08:02
Francis Ngannou has backed Anthony Joshua to beat Tyson Fury if the 2 heavyweights ever lastly face off, whereas AJ has hit again at the Gypsy King over 'disrespectful' comments he made.
Joshua landed one of the most devastating knockouts of his career in Saudi Arabia on Friday night time, twice flattening former UFC champion Ngannou earlier than flooring him with a shocking right hand in the second spherical.
Ngannou had appeared confident and guaranteed on his professional debut towards Fury back in October, even flattening the lineal champ regardless of happening to lose by split-decision.
Some boxing followers even felt Ngannou had edged the contest towards a fairly disinterested Fury, however the Cameroonian was totally outclassed on Friday night time and was left needing oxygen in his nook after being on the receiving end of a barrage of thunderous punches from Joshua.
Fury is now tied up with a unification struggle towards Oleksandr Usyk in Might, which features a rematch clause for a second bout in October, which means a long-awaited showdown between the Gypsy King and Joshua will possible have to attend until 2025.
When that battle does lastly take place, few individuals are higher positioned to foretell the winner than Ngannou after taking over both fighters during the last six months, and he feels Joshua has the sting.
Requested by iFL TV who would win in a battle between Fury and Joshua, Ngannou had an extended assume and replied: 'I don't know, I might give it to AJ for right now.'
On whether it was Joshua's power that stunned him most, Ngannou added: 'I feel he received the suitable timing. It was concerning the timing, principally.'
After the struggle, and despite labouring towards Ngannou himself, Fury downplayed Joshua's win and the previous two-time heavyweight champ was not greatest happy together with his long-time rival's angle and feedback.
Chatting with iFL TV, Joshua stated: 'F*** Tyson Fury. I don't like trash-talking individuals but I heard him say something like, "I'm right here to do commentary about these two sausages" or something like that.
Tyson Fury reacts to Anthony Joshua win over Ngannou but sends warning over their fight
What Anthony Joshua told Francis Ngannou in the ring after brutally knocking him out
Eddie Hearn sends message to Deontay Wilder after Anthony Joshua KOs Francis Ngannou
'Bro, that man that I fought [Ngannou], that he additionally fought, is an ex-UFC heavyweight champion. An outstanding story, someone who has changed his life round. It's simply too disrespectful. So overlook anything about [Fury] right now.'
Requested about individuals backtracking over Ngannou's value as an opponent, Joshua added: 'I get the logic, I do get the logic as a result of it's like you say one thing and you then backtrack. When you say it, stand on it.
'But that's how the world works, and that's why we do what we do because it creates a narrative, it creates controversy. It's what it's, bro. I don't like speaking about what individuals are saying about me and fights. You'll be able to't make everybody completely satisfied.'
For extra stories like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
More >> https://ift.tt/jkVP68Z Source: MAG NEWS