I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my ‘mistake’ but I was $1,000 out of pocket | I52N7I0 | 2024-03-10 08:08:01

New Photo - I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket | I52N7I0 | 2024-03-10 08:08:01
I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket | I52N7I0 | 2024-03-10 08:08:01

Houston Eubank had paid $287 to lease a car however was informed he wouldn't have the ability to drive it when he went to select it

A SENIOR citizen stated he was almost $1,000 out of pocket after an age rule he was initially unaware of.

Houston Eubank had paid $287 to lease a car however was informed he wouldn't have the ability to drive it when he went to select it up.

I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
CTV NEWS
Houston Eubank stated he was denied his automotive rental[/caption]
I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
Getty
Eubank stated he was almost $1,000 out of pocket on account of an age rule he was initially unaware of[/caption]

Eubank, 76, stated the automotive rental company advised him he was too previous and was turned away, based on CTV News.

He was later promised a refund of the money but he shared what had occurred within the meantime.

"I stepped up to the counter to select up my automotive they usually stated, 'You're over 74, You possibly can't have a automotive,'" Eubank stated.

The senior had rented a automotive by way of the travel company Travelocity and went to gather his car at an area firm referred to as Routes Automotive Rental in Ottawa, Canada.

Eubank had not seen the observe in the "Service provider Guidelines" section of the Terms and Circumstances that said there was an upper age restrict of 74 for locals.

"I stepped up to the counter to select up my automotive they usually stated, 'You're over 74, You'll be able to't have a automotive,'" he stated.

"I asked for my a refund they usually stated, 'No, no we gained't refund it. It's your mistake,'" he added.

The 76-year-old stated he had attempted to lease the car to go on a street trip and go to his grandchildren in New York.

Eubank ended up spending $631.65 on a last-minute alternative automotive for his journey.

"I ended up paying virtually $1,000 for this trip," he stated.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

The senior added that he had chased the refund for a yr and even tried to take it to Shopper Safety Ontario.

Eubank stated he was not capable of obtain help via them because the sum of money misplaced was too low.

"Your dispute does not meet our criteria for treatment or other or different action… because of the amount in dispute," a letter to Eubank wrote.

Route Automotive Rental later apologized to Eubank and stated the age restrict was associated to elective insurance and the enforcement was a misunderstanding with a more moderen employee.

The U.S. Sun has reached out to Routes Automotive Rental for remark.

I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
I was denied a rental car over an odd rule – the company said it was my 'mistake' but I was $1,000 out of pocket
CTV NEWS

Routes Automotive Rental later promised to refund Eubank the $287 he paid to lease the car[/caption]

#denied #rental #car #over #odd #rule #company #said #mistake #1000 #pocket #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Motors

More >> https://ift.tt/jkVP68Z Source: MAG NEWS

 

HOT POINT © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com