Whoopi Goldberg Quickly Walks Back Her Own Claim About Going to Jail | 100STZ5 | 2024-03-10 13:08:01

Whoopi Goldberg left The View viewers confused after walking back her personal comment about spending time in jail.
Through the Hot Topics phase on Wednesday, March 6, the panel pulled the subsequent topic of discussion from a glittery "HT" bag that was dropped from the ceiling, with Goldberg reading from a bit of paper, "Would you somewhat hike the Appalachian Path by your self or spend six months in jail?"
After Joy Behar stated she'd "somewhat watch Netflix," Alyssa Farrah Griffin and Sunny Hostin opted for the Appalachian Path (which Behar referred to as "a stupid selection"), Sara Haines stated she'd relatively go to jail, as long as she's not in gen-pop.
Goldberg, 68, then weighed in, quipping, "Properly, I've accomplished both."
All 19 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners: Jennifer Hudson, John Legend and More
Behar desperately wanted more details, asking, "When have been you in jail?" Goldberg replied, "I'll inform you about it."
The show later went to a business break, and when it returned, Goldberg took time to clarify her alleged stint behind bars.
"I don't want individuals freaking out," stated the EGOT winner. "There are jokes. Whenever you say, 'Yeah, perhaps I did the Appalachian Trail and went to jail,' don't get it twisted. I'm a humorist, OK?"
She then discouraged anybody from trying to find information about it.
Everything Meghan McCain Has Said About 'The View' and Her Former Cohosts
"Stop wanting it up," she quipped. "That's what I do know is occurring, is that proper? Individuals are wanting, 'When did she go to jail?' You'll be wanting until the cows come house, honey."
A quick dig reveals that Goldberg was arrested in Might 1985 at the University of California Berkeley's campus during a protest over racial policies in South Africa. She and Berkeley's then-mayor Gus Newport have been taken into custody with a few dozen others for blocking entrances to the headquarters, per an Related Press syndicated article on The New York Times.
She appeared at Berkeley Municipal Courtroom and was later "launched after signing a promise to seem June 6 on the charge of blocking a public entrance."
More >> https://ift.tt/jkVP68Z Source: MAG NEWS